When you don’t take good care of your oral health, you’ll end up with a lot of plaque buildup around your gum line. Plaque is the residue remaining from food and drink that gathers on your teeth. If you just leave it in your mouth, it can actually cause gum disease.
So it’s pretty obvious that you want to do as much as possible to remove plaque from your mouth. So let’s look at what our team here at Prairie Dental Center in Sioux Falls, South Dakota recommends you do to effectively remove plaque.
When you brush your teeth, you only reach about 65% of your tooth’s surface. That leaves 35% still dirty and in need of cleaning. That’s where flossing comes in, and it’s why you’re always encouraged to floss when you come into our Prairie Dental Center office for your regular checkups.
Flossing removes plaque from between your teeth and cleans where your brush can’t so plaque doesn’t have a chance to cause cavities or inflame your gums.
See the dentist
You can’t skip your regular dental checkups if you want plaque removed from your teeth. Our team here in Sioux Falls, South Dakota can remove plaque and tartar – hardened plaque – from the harder-to-reach areas of your mouth, ensuring that you’re plaque free and healthy as possible.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Drs. Nichols and Cicmanec, call us today at (605) 335-8640.