If you do not already have a plan to protect your smile against cavities, we encourage you to create one now. Tooth decay is typically caused by plaque buildup, so targeting the source of the problem can prevent the development of decay. We are pleased to offer these tips for an effective cavity prevention plan:
– Floss every tooth every day with a dentist-recommended dental floss or easy-to-use floss product.
– Brush twice a day for two minutes at a time, using a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
– Chew sugarless gum after meals if you can’t brush right away. Studies show this can help your teeth resists tooth decay.
– Consider any extra dental care habits that could boost your daily routine. This may involve rinsing with mouthwash and using a mouth guard during sporting activities.
– Keep your diet healthy and nutritious, and cut down on the number of snacks you eat between meals.
– Limit your consumption of sugary and sticky snacks and candies so that they aren’t frequently stuck to your teeth and gums.
– Keep all scheduled visits to your dentist so that you can receive dental exams and cleanings regularly.
For more information about how you can improve your cavity prevention plan and enjoy excellent dental health in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, call (605) 335-8640 today and work with our team to schedule your appointment with Dr. Justin Nichols or Dr. Mallory Cicmanec (Peck) at Prairie Dental Center.