Taking care of your teeth during the holidays is as easy as taking care of your teeth at any other time of the year. While the hectic holiday schedule may tempt you to relax your oral hygiene routine, you can stay true to your oral health while enjoying all of the socializing and celebrating. Let your healthy, confident smile light up any room you enter with the following holiday hygiene hints to help you stay on top of your smile:
- Have you been brushing twice daily and flossing once daily?
- Have you been using brushing and flossing tools with the ADA Seal of Acceptance?
- Have you limited sweets to mealtime snacks only?
- Have you scheduled regular visits to your dentist at Prairie Dental Center for professional cleanings and oral examinations?
- Have you been eating healthier, and switching out sugary sweets with vitamin-rich foods?
- Have you put a plan into place to dispose of any additional sweets after each holiday? If left around the house, you may find yourself snacking on sweets for weeks and weeks.
- Have you taken care not to damage your teeth on hard candies, such as candy canes, peanut brittle, and peppermint bark?
Make sure your smile is healthy for the holidays by scheduling your next visit with Dr. Drs. Nichols and Cicmanec and our team. We invite you to call (605) 335-8640 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, today!