Most people have been brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash since they could remember. No matter what your age may be, those three common oral health care habits can be just as beneficial at a tooth’s infancy as it is in a tooth’s elder age. Thus, these habits should remain a staple in our lives for every single day our teeth remain. Not surprisingly, if you neglect these habits, it’s possible your teeth won’t remain for as long as they could!
Listed below are some of the top tips for brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash:
The Benefits of Brushing:
– Brushing your teeth twice daily can prevent plaque buildup and reduce the risk for gum disease and tooth decay.
– Brushing your teeth can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Some food particles can stick to your teeth or gums and must be removed with effective brushing techniques.
The Benefits of Flossing:
– Flossing can remove hidden food particles in your mouth that can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
– Flossing once daily can improve your oral health by preventing plaque buildup between your teeth.
– Some food particles can get stuck between your teeth, and cannot be removed by mouthwash and brushing alone.
The Benefits of Mouthwash:
– Mouthwash can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Mouthwash can wash away harmful bacteria or acids that cause gum disease or tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can reduce plaque buildup.
Always practice effective daily oral health care habits to ensure your teeth and gums are at their best. For additional protection, such as oral exams and professional cleanings with Drs. Drs. Nichols and Cicmanec, stop by Prarie Dental Center at our office in Sioux Falls, South Dakota to book an appointment, or call us at (605) 335-8640. Your perfect smile is our highest goal!